CLICK HERE to automatically configure your Outlook or Outloook Express
Other Mail Clients
- Outlook Express (Windows)
- Outlook 2002 (Windows)
- Outlook 2003 (also available: Gmail POP Service animated demo)
- Entourage 2004
- Entourage X
- Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Sponsored & Paid Mode)
- Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Light Mode)
- Eudora for Macs
- Netscape Mail 7.x
- Netscape Mail 6.2
- Netscape Mail 4.5, 4.6, or 4.7
- Apple Mail
- Mozilla 1.7
- Thunderbird 0.x
- Thunderbird 1.5
If Outlook is 'unable to send test message'
If Outlook gives the error 'unable to send test message', you may need to update your POP client with patches and bug fixes from the Microsoft Office website. Here's how:
- Visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
Check for Updates.
- Restart your computer after you have verified that all updates are installed
Once your computer has restarted, please try sending and receiving mail via Outlook again.
Gmail POP Troubleshooter
The Gmail POP Troubleshooter tool helps you with the setup of Outlook, Outlook Express, and Thunderbird 1.5 for Gmail POP access.
By checking client settings, server ports, and your connection to the Gmail service, the tool is able to pinpoint any errors and provide instructions on fixing them. The Troubleshooting tool also generates a report detailing your settings and test results -- if you have trouble, you'll have the option of sending your report to Google for further troubleshooting assistance.
Requirements: works with Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007, Outlook Express 6, and Thunderbird 1.5. Currently only available for Windows.